|Minimum Qualifications Required: |
- Ph.D. or equivalent at the time of hire in Meat Science, Animal Science or Food Science
- Knowledge and experience in meat science
- Demonstrated excellence in research
- Knowledge of meat and/or lipid chemistry
- Interest or demonstrated excellence in teaching graduate and/or undergraduate courses in meat, animal or food science
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Expertise in the area of meat and/or lipid chemistry or closely related field
- Experience and knowledge in the meat/food industry
- Demonstrated ability to obtain extramural funding
- Strong academic publication record
- Taught or assisted in teaching graduate and/or undergraduate meat science courses
- Experience conducting collaborative, interdisciplinary research
- Experience in both graduate and undergraduate advising
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment and a commitment to expanding and fostering diversity
Departmental Description: The Department of Animal Sciences and Industry offers strong teaching, research, and extension programs with approximately 56 faculty, 1,226 undergraduate, and 183 graduate students. Meat Scientists are also involved and cooperate in programs with the Food Science Institute and the Kansas State University Olathe campus. More information about the department can be found at http://www.asi.k-state.edu.
Application Procedure: Please visit the job announcement at http://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/jobs/501191/assistant-professor-meat-science-lipid-chemistry and complete the PageUp application process as well as upload: 1) a cover letter clearly describing how the candidate meets the required and preferred qualifications, 2) a one-page summary of the candidate's research philosophy and goals, 3) a one-page summary of the candidate's teaching philosophy and goals, 4) a detailed curriculum vitae, 5) official copies of all university transcripts and 6) a list and contact information for 3 people who may be contacted with regard to the applicant's professional qualifications.
Review of Applications: Review of applications will begin July 2, 2017, and will continue until a suitable candidate is identified.
Questions: Please direct all questions regarding the position announcement and application procedure to Dr. Travis O'Quinn, Search Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-532-3469.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Equal employment opportunity: Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Background screening statement: In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.